Useful Kayaking, Canoeing, & Local Resources
* Local wildlife pictures - This is a collection of local wildlife pictures taken by the folks at See Through Canoe. If you're curious to get an idea of what the Idaho Springs area looks like or you just want to see some neat wildlife pictures you'll probably enjoy these.
* Water Watch - This site provides real time stream flow rates (in comparison to normal flow rates) for many streams and rivers accross the US. This data is provided by the U.S. Geological Survey.
* Ocean water conditions - Find current water condition information for coastal cities. Provides current details on ocean water temperatures, water levels, wind speed, wind direction & air pressure. The data is provided by the NOS (National Ocean Service).
* Satellite map from Google - This online map service provided by google can be very useful for finding new places to go explore. Zoom in and trace the path of a river you want to canoe down or find a new lake to check out. The free downloadable version called "google earth" provides tilt capabilities, enabling you to see mountains or buildings from a 3 dimensional perspective.
* Creek side cabins for rent in Idaho Springs, Colorado. Call of the Canyon Cabins is at the base of Mount Evans in a very quiet and convenient location.
* Jeeps for Rent - Here's a great way to see the mountains and reach those places that others can't.
* Fishing tackle and guide services - Fly fishing equipment and just about anything else you need to catch that trophy trout, including a fishing guide.
* Cold Spring Kayak Club - A canoe or kayak club can be a great way to meet other people that love the outdoors and being on the water. The CSKC is in Cold Spring, NY.